As described in the Current Project State-page this software is not really in a product state. I have been using it in my home for a while in different configurations with both X10 and FS20 first on a Windows 2000-server and currently on a Ubuntu Linux server. There is also a small community of other users who use various parts of the system. If you like you can download it and try it out.
This program is free to use for private non commercial use. It is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
The CUL firmware is open source under GPLv2.
- Make sure you have Java Runtime installed. You probably have it, otherwise you can download it from http://java.com.
- Download the latest NetHomeServer-zip
- Unpack the zip
- For Linux and OSX, make the start script runable by typing: chmod +x HomeManager.sh
- For OSX, make the start script runable by typing: chmod +x HomeManager_MacOSX.sh
Installation is done! (If you are using FS20 on Linux, for the first time, you need a little more to get the FS20 USB-driver to work)
- Run the start script (HomeManager.bat for windows, HomeManager.sh for Linux and HomeManager_MacOSX.sh for MAC OSX)
Start and initial configuration is done!
The nightly build is an automatically built release of the current state of the main trunk. It contains all the latest features, but may contain half finished features and may not work at all! Please look at the auto generated test report for information on the state of the build.
A new release of the CUL hardware (V3) has been released, where the current firmware does not work. I have not yet got a new version and cannot build and test for V3 yet. Fortunately Christian Aune Thomassen has built a V3 compatible version which is presented here:
|NetHome CUL V3 Firmware 0.1 Build 1130||analyzer:nethomecul_1130_v3.zip||240KB|